Thursday 27 June 2013

Hydration, Hydration, Hydration.

Those of you that know me will know I'm never seen without a bottle of water by my side, and for as long as I can remember I have been reaping the benefits of drinking water. Despite the obvious, it keeps you hydrated, and makes your skin look good, water has also been linked to joint and muscle health, regulating kidney and bowel functions as well as weight loss and an increased metabolism. But today I'm not talking about internal benefits of water, I'm talking about the external, with a little review on the Avene Thermal Spring Water I picked up a few days ago.


The label states that this helps to give "Instant relief to the skin wherever it feels tight and uncomfortable." It can be used for sunburn, after anti-acne treatments, nappy rash, minor irritations, razor burn, for setting/cleansing make-up, It's cooling properties are amazing for after outdoor activity, in summer months or for re-hydration while travelling. With it coming in various sizes (the one pictured being a 50ml) there are sizes for every occasion, and I fully intend on buying a full-size one for using post-cleanse, and a couple travel size ones for having in my travel bag, handbag and one by the side of my bed during "summer" - That term being used very loosely provided I live in the doom and gloom of the UK.

Much unlike previous water sprays and other setting sprays, this does apply in a fine mist, not in a "fine mist" which actually leaves you looking more like a wet dog, than one of the models in a skincare advertisement. So far I've used this on my irritated after shaving/sunbathing legs, and as a cooling mist on my face, and for both purposes I have found it soothing, calming and super easy to use (by this, I don't mean I'm an absolute simpleton, but don't you feel that some sprays aren't easy to direct because they have a mind of their own? Is it just me?)

If you weren't already convinced by Avene's Water, check out this video on their site, it's so interesting the history of this, and you'll be surprised and just how long this little beauty has been around for!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I was so tempted by this in boots when 3 for 2 was on. Lovely review Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If its the third item, then you've no excuse to not try it ;) x

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to try one of these.. although I did just think it was glorified water. I think I might have to try one ;D xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of is, but all the same, it's lovely! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I bought this recently and took it on holiday and really liked it too! Haha you're right about it actually begin a nice fine mist rather than getting drenched when you spray it onto your face.

    Hannah
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible when they do that though! I always try to finely spray my MAC Fix+ but it always drenches me, without fail! xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the idea of this! I'm really trying to pack hydration into my skincare routine at the moment so this could really be good for me.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go! I can't vouch for any long term benefits, but short term, it's lovely for keeping skin dewy and fresh! X

      Delete
  5. I have this, I don't really use it though as apparently it actually dehydrates the skin even more. It's definitely nice to cool the face down on a hot day though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's bizarre. I haven't found that yet, have you been using it for a while? X

      Delete
  6. great review, your blog is just lovely, keep up the good work :)

    I'm hosting a ASOS giveaway on my blog, pop over and have a look if you want

    x

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig